Finikounda is situated at the south-eastern edge of Messinia, approximately in the middle of the route Koroni-Methoni. It credits that name to “foinikoun” (red) color that it was produced during the ancient times, after the processing of the purple seashell.
The visitors can enjoy their bathing at the large, sandy beach of Finikounda which has been awarded with a blue flag due to its cleanliness as well as other beaches such as Mavrovouni/Haroupia, Lambes, Loutsa and many more. Finikounda’s location can be an ideal point of departure for expeditions to the entire area of Messinia due to the fact that it is only 5 minutes from Methoni, 15 minutes from Pylos and 20 minutes from Koroni.
- Visit to close historic destinations such as the archaeological space of Ancient Messini, the castle of Pylos, the Nestoras’ palace, the castle from Medieval Period of Methoni and the octagonal Mpoyrtzi, the venetian castle with the imposing walls.
- Visit with a private yacht to Oinousses cluster which is consisted of three small islands: Sapienza, Schiza and Agia Marina, areas with exceptional ecological interest.
- Visit to the Voidokilia beach.
- Visit to Polylimnio Waterfalls, a small verdant paradise, full of lakes and waterfalls.
- Exploration of the unique nature with a bicycle or on foot.